So without further ado, let's recap my Q1 list and see where I got to:
1. Kaleidoscope for Nephew. YES! So so happy with this one, since named "Star City" by G. I still love those colours and I feel like superwoman for conquering my piecing ineptitude (details in the blog post). This blog post, will be the one I link up for this particular finish.
2. Throw Pillow. YUP! This project was the test case and first of a trio of triangle projects. I believe it sold for $70 at the fundraiser.
3. MQG Riley Blake Challenge for Other Nephew. Triangle project #2 is a big yes. I found it impossible to properly photograph this quilt. My photography "skills" were just not up to managing the dark background + bright fabrics situation and that gives me the sads. But I still love the quilt, named Up, Up and Away!
4. Black & White & Bright Hexies. Nope. I started to work on this one, intending to give it to my niece but something told me it just wasn't "her." So I (temporarily) abandoned this project in favour of a brand new project: Triangle Project Number Three. Worth it. Hexies will be a carry-forward to Q2.
5. Slabby Scrappy Fabric Boxes. YES! I am so happy to have a good system for finding my scraps!
4 out of 5 is a great score and I'll take it. Especially considering I finished a whole quilt that wasn't even a twinkle in my eye when this list was originally conceived (see what I did there?), and I've also made some good progress on a new project that I'll tell you about in my Q2 FAL list. Stay tuned!
I'd say that's a very good score!!ReplyDelete
You did so well. I totally want some fabric boxes, I need to just get started and I expect that they would finish themselves before I knew it.ReplyDelete
Impressive list of finishes, Felicity! I think I may jump back on the bandwagon for Q2 and tackle some UFOs for the VMQG challenge. With the retreat in the middle of the quarter, I've got a good chance of a few finishes, right?ReplyDelete