Let's recap, shall we? I presented my Q1 2013 Finishing Goals as follows:
1. Niece's baby quilt. YES, my great-nephew's quilt was completed ahead of schedule, even!
2. Appliance cover #2 for my friend C. YES!
3. Donation quilt. It wasn't the Wonderland quilt (that is still awaiting my quilting inspiration), but it was the Strippy Rainbow Quilt (with bonus tutorial - woot!). This quilt was made for a co-worker's ringette team fundraiser, and it was bought by another co-worker for his daughter! I love it when things all come together like that!
And that's it - my goals were indeed modest but I did start and finish a couple of non-UFO projects this quarter: my Madrona Road challenge quilt, which I'm very proud of, and a 241 tote.
Okay, so for this quarter, I will be finishing:
1. Placemats for my Dad. I've begun them, and I'm trying a new-to-me technique that I made up and it *seems* to be working more or less, but oh my goodness. The fabrics I'm using are scraps from another long-ago project that really aren't "me" anymore and it's amazing how that can sap your sew-jo. But I'm persevering - if he can beat prostate cancer, I can certainly cope with some Thimbleberries that will match his muted and manly décor.
2. My Easy Going Modern pattern. I've put this on the back burner for far too long - time to get cracking and just finish it, already! I'm teaching it as a workshop for the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild next month, so the time to refine the pattern has come.
Me and one version of Easy Going Modern
3. New Wave quilt for niece. I'll be seeing her at my brother's wedding in July, so it would make sense to aim to get this one completed, finally. Here's the same dumb photo of it that I've been sharing since, like, 2011 (literally).
I've got a couple of other projects for Q2 that aren't UFOs, so they don't count. Unfortunately. But they, along with my three goals here, should keep me out of trouble for the next 3 months.
Need some motivation to get cracking on your UFOs? Join the Finish-A-Long - there are prizes!!
NB: post edited to add photo of me and Easy Going Modern - it's courtesy of Carol Browne from the FVMQG.