J is for Jaden is done!
It's a straight-up I Spy quilt, but I arranged the patchwork so that the values contrasted to create the initial J on the front.
I kept the quilting simple because I wanted a quick finish, and because I'm annoyed at Bernie right now for having such a terribly small throat that it really impedes my FMQ.
The light bits got quilted with a larger meander in white (Aurifil 50 wt):
And the darker bits got quilted with back and forth lines or concentric squares done via FMQ for a more organic look and so I didn't have to keep turning the quilt under the needle. Colour is a dark grey (Aurifil #5004 in 50 wt) which ended up blending beautifully with all of the darker-value fabrics.
nice blurry photo! *eyeroll*
I made the label by folding a square in half and stitching it on with a less than 1/4" seam allowance prior to applying the binding, which is Michael Miller Clown Stripe in a great blue.
I'm delighted with how it turned out, and it was a relatively fast project. Final size is 36"x48" - a nice playmat/crib size.
Here's G giggling as she is giving it a test-drive.
This counts toward my Q1 Finish A Long goals. Admittedly, this one was kind of a gimme since it was a quick project and already started. But I achieved my mini-goal of finishing it in time to gift it to my niece tonight. So yay for finishes!