I didn't plan to, but I ended up taking a Spring Break hiatus from Friday Felicities! I was really busy with my staycation those two weeks. While G was in day camp, Kevin and I got a whole bunch of great stuff accomplished:
- we rearranged the furniture in our main living space, and now it feels so open and pleasant that I no longer want to stroke out with frustration when I'm in it;
- we culled our "stuff" and listed a whole bunch of it on Craig's List (are you local and in need of a really nice china cabinet, coffee table, mirrors or silverplated salt and pepper set with bonus salt cellar? email me!);
- we donated G's outgrown clothes and toys to the appropriate places;
- we organized G's room so that there is a place for everything (it's made a world of difference - she tidies up now!);
- we browsed at Home Depot in peace;
- we were able to have uninterrupted adult conversation lasting longer than 30 seconds - sometimes even over lunch with an Adult Beverage!
to make a version of Easy Going Modern (I *swear* a pattern is on its way). Have a wonderful weekend!