So I did a little sewing, and made some headway on my WIP goals for this week which were:
1. Finish quilting the Tree Skirt. I exceeded my goal! Not only did I quilt it, I cut and pieced both bindings. I say "both" because I need bias binding for the hole, but I find bias binding to be annoyingly wasteful of fabric (that big triangle you get at the beginning and end!), so I just made some straight-grain binding too.
2. One more row of blocks for the Quilt Along. Did not meet expectations. No blocks sewn. I realized that I really needed to be working on things that were due in December. Maybe next week?
3. Cut out at least one teacher mug rug. Exceeded - the top is pieced.
Other stuff I did this week that wasn't on my WIP list:
1. Completed cup cuff for secret recipient (click to see it bigger):
My first photo edited in Picnik. I like!
3. All the stuff I posted yesterday.
All in all, I'm happy with my results. By next week, I hope to:
1. Complete teacher cup cuffs.
2. Complete teacher mug rugs.
Just two, since I've got some Christmas wrapping and shipping to do, and a 3-year-old's birthday party to host.
The tree skirt is really coming along and looks great! I wish I had done one of those this year.ReplyDelete
That cup cuff is very cool too, and such a fabulous gift idea. Did you use a tutorial?
Thanks for linking up - have a productive week! :)
You're so impressive, Felicity! Is this all from 20 minutes a day?ReplyDelete
Have a great birthday party!
I love the cup cuff!! Not only is it cute, but very eco friendly! No more throwing away those ugly brown ones you get at the coffee shop! I was wondering the same thing as Lee, did you use a tutorial? If not, could you post one? I absolutely love the idea!ReplyDelete
I hope you get over your cold quickly.
I hope you are feeling better soon. We have all been sick over here too.ReplyDelete
I love the rug mug. What great fabric! And the tree skirt is looking so beautiful!
I love those cup cozies. Cute and eco friendly. I don't get that much stuff done when I'm feeling top-notch!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your quilting blog Felicity,ReplyDelete
I read the article about the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild and Ethel told me you had a link with them.
You've been very productive, your daughter is adorable. I can't believe she was born on our guild day three years ago next week!
Looks like you both are very creative.
Love the cup cuffs! They are on my to-do list this Christmas. What pattern did you use?ReplyDelete