Woo hoo! This one has been on the to-do list for a looooong time. My VMQG Round Robin #1 Quilt is done!
I introduced the idea of a monthly round-robin quilt activity to the guild in 2014 and we had a blast! Each month, participants added borders to a quilt top that had been passed to them, using that month's prompt for the theme (stars, plus blocks, improv log cabins, triangles etc.) and whatever colour scheme the quilt owner specified in their writeup/via their starter block.
I love me some grey and scrappy brights so that's what I used to kick off my quilt, and it was the theme I asked my fellow Robins to keep with. I made 4 quirky quarter-circle strips to be my starter block.
I was happy with the quilt top I got back at the end of the 10-month program. I did have to do a small amount of surgery to reconfigure one round that overwhelmed the top in a way that didn't work for me, and I added a few rounds to bring the quilt to lap size. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
Each person who added to the quilt top took such care to make it beautiful, I was so overwhelmed. It makes this quilt all the more special knowing so many of my guild mates contributed to it.
The quilt was quilted by me on the shop's longarm in a decidedly improv/make it up as I go along kind of way. I'm very pleased with the results.
The binding is scrappy just like the quilt.
I'm so happy this is done so that I can snuggle under it by the fire. It was my final finish of 2017, and one of my Q4 FAL goals.