Busy work, then some time off work (yay!), plus back-to-school excitement: all conspired to make September seem like it flew by. But October is my favourite month so I'm happy it's here.
Made progress On...
Sea Glass on Sand. She’s quilted and trimmed. I have a poll going to get input on the binding (thanks for your votes), and I’ve made my decision. Finished product to be featured soon.
Stash Trad Bee block for October (ahead of the game!). Cindy Live a Colorful Life called her month “Granny Says Boo” which I find delightfully amusing. We made granny squares from this tutorial (12” finished block) using Hallowe’en-themed colours of orange, lime green, purple, black, white and grey.
It was nice to end this Bee off on the high note of an easy block. Would you believe I've never made a Granny Square? I guess I'm a bit of a contrarian/johnny come lately when it comes to fads and crazes. It was fun to make, and I threw in some fussy cutting for the centre:
And that’s about it, WIP-wise.
Just Three Recap (a.k.a. “uh oh”)
1. Quilt at least one Siblings Together quilt. (NO)
2. Pattern test for Nikki. (YES)
3. Make 3 more Colourful Churn Dash blocks. (NO, but Holly made one for me in our mini-bee!)
Actually, it’s not that bad. I accomplished only one of my Just Three goals (Tote bag here), but I did a whole schwack (technical term) of other fun stuff so all was not lost.
Here’s a slightly more realistic Just Three for October:
1. Finish new Hallowe’en doorhanger (currently at "top complete" stage);
2. Make ONE Colourful Churn Dash block;
3. Make one more Barcelona skirt.