I am stuck and need suggestions/help/inspiration of the quilting variety.
Issue #1: Another Easy Going Modern top.
It's not so much the quilting design that's stumping me (I do have a tried and true EGM quilting approach), it's the thread colour that's puzzling me. Whatever I use to blend with one colour is really going to show up on the others. I used a light yellow variegated thread for the original EGM and that looked fine, but what colour do you suggest for this one?
I'm also open to alternative quilting designs.
Issue #2 ("...Mr. Sununu" [I'm really dating myself with these pop culture references, aren't I?])
Yes, this one again. I really want this quilt's next appearance on the blog to be in its finished state. I need help with the quilting here, too. Those larger spaces are really begging for something, but I just don't know what. The viny leaf motif I did on the Memory Quilt? Or just some "organic" straightish lines (horizontal? vertical? both?) all over?
Thread colour? I've got a neat orange-to-yellow variegated thread I could use but that would be very light against the brown. I also have dark brown? Not averse to buying a new colour.
Whilst you ponder my problem, I will give my WIP roundup.
Heather's Memory Quilt
Nothing, but I've put my Stash Trad Bee quilt on the list - I want to plug away at more of those Scrappy Churn Dash blocks.
This Week's Stats
Finished Projects - 1
New Projects - 1
In Progress - 7 (I think I have been miscounting all this time. Dangnabbit.)
- The two quilts featured here (for Siblings Together)
- Stacked Strips
- New Wave
- Bee Quilt (Jeweled Squares)
- Bee Quilt (Circle of Geese)
- Stash Trad Bee Quilt (Scrappy Churn Dashes)
And my Just Three report for August: 2.5/3!
1. Memory Quilt (done!)
2. Siblings Together quilts layered and basted (one layered and basted, and backing is made for other one)
3. Stash Trad August block (done!)
For September, I want to:
1. Finish quilting at least one of the ST quilts;
2. Make a bag/fulfill my pattern testing commitment to Nikki;
3. Make at least 3 more Scrappy Churn Dash blocks.
Linking up with Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network (canucks!), plus Traceyjay Quilts for Just Three.