As I was mentally composing this post, I thought to myself, 'well this is going to be short, boring one - I didn't really get anything done!' But after assembling my mosaic of quilty finishes, I forced myself to take that back - what I didn't get done was most of the projects on my 2011 Quilty Goals List. Instead, I did other stuff, which is 100% A-okay. Life is what happens while you're waiting for other things or whatever that saying is, right?
Here is my Quilt Life of 2011:
Not too shabby if I do say so myself! The projects weren't large, but they were appropriately plentiful for this quilter who works full time outside the home and who occasionally has to give the other members of her household some quality "face time."
But wait! There's more! The above is in addition to the sewing I did for Bees as well as other sewing projects like teacher bags, swap extras, hallowe'en costumes, etc.
Not too shabby indeed.
What is 2012 going to bring? Let's have a look at 2011's list and update it:
1. Sewing Machine Cover. The original one turned into my confetti mini and I haven't gotten around to making myself one yet. Maybe this year but I'm not going to make it an official 2012 goal.
2. Rainbow I-Spy. Carrying this one forward to 2012 but probably later in the year. Every now and again, poor G asks whether it's finished and I always have the same answer: "not yet."
4. New Wave. Fabric is all cut, and I even started the backing. 2012 goal.
5. Traffic Jam/Zig Zag. 2012 goal - can be substituted for any charity quilt.
6. Friend's daughter's memory quilt. 2012 goal.
7. Bees. Kept up with them and have only one for 2012.
In view of the foregoing, I am declaring 2012 the year of sewing for ME! Not necessarily things for me to keep, but things (quilts, mostly) that I want to make for others in my life. Those quilty goals include:
1. Rainbow I Spy for G.
2. New Wave for niece.
3. Traffic Jam/Zig Zag or other charity quilt.
4. Heather R. memory quilt.
5. Habitat pillow covers for sister.
6. Placemats for Mom.
7. My own bee quilts (3, once I have my month in Stash Trad).
8. Kaleidoscope QAL quilt.
9. Super exciting project that I will reveal very soon.
I daresay that list should keep me (mostly) out of trouble.