I suggested Nametags be the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild challenge for January, and this is my contribution:
I embroidered my name on some American Jane rulers fabric, then cut out the rectangle to fit an old magnetic nametag I had from work. OF COURSE I trimmed the fabric a wee bit too small, so the stitch I used to close it all up is...not beautiful. And I cut one side before measuring how long the insert actually was, so to make it long enough, the nametag ended up with my name off-centre. Enter rickrack! Glued on with Elmer's School glue because I'd already sewn up the "envelope" to slide the nametag in. Ugh. This is what happens when you leave things to the last minute.
Still, though, I think it turned out well. I definitely need a new camera - I could NOT for the life of me get a close-up that wasn't blurry, even using my little tripod and what I think passes for a Macro setting.