Dancing in the Moonlight was pieced improvisationally. I enjoyed leveraging the contrast of the purple against the neutrals to play with the two parts of the quarter-circles. I shared the quilt on social media when I finished it earlier this year for a challenge. Well, I *thought* I'd finished it.
After looking at it for a while longer, I realized I wanted to add some hand stitching to increase the texture of this quilt. Using Aurifil 12 weight cotton thread in a creamy white colour (2310), I added several lines of stitches about ¼" away from some of the machine quilting lines (done with Aurifil 50 weight in white).
NOW it's finished.
I'm experimenting with the side of our new house as my new photography spot.
The fabrics are all Northcott Colorworks Solids in the colourway dictated by the original challenge. I totally loved what came from having a restricted palette and a restricted amount of each fabric to work with. I'll have to try that approach again, I think.
I've decided to put this into the Modern category. Go and see the many, many amazing quilts that are being shared as part of the festival at this link: Blogger's Quilt Festival.
This is just gorgeous! I love it! Good luck!ReplyDelete
LOve the hand stitching addition and the composition! Plus three cheers for new photography options at the house!ReplyDelete
Love your quilt!!ReplyDelete
Very nice, both the colours and the composition. It's the sort of quilt that you can find more each time you look at it.ReplyDelete
Beautiful quilt! I love the hand quilting, this really finishes it off very nicely! Great back drop for your photo, too!ReplyDelete
What a striking design and love the hand quilting detail!ReplyDelete
Very nice. The hand quilting was a great addition.ReplyDelete
Very pretty overall design and effect! Nicely done! KarenReplyDelete
Love everything about this one!ReplyDelete