Just about everyone finished the day with a completed quilt top, so I achieved one of my workshop goals. The other was to make the experience fun and relaxing, and judging by the evaluations, I achieved that one too. Yay!
Here are some photos of the day (most courtesy of Holly):
Amy, arranging her low-volume blocks
Me, overseeing Amy and Jo-Anne's progress.
Jo-Anne's finished top.
I stitched along with the class, so I ended up with a finished top too (Kona Chartreuse and Turquoise or possibly Caribbean).
I'm so happy to see all these beautiful quilt tops!
I think the best part for me was seeing all the different ways the pattern could stitch up. There were layer cake versions with both light and dark contrasting solids, a low-volume multi-print layout, an ombre version, a transparency version, one that featured prints and a near-solid repeating in the large squares, and one with many gorgeous hawaiian fabrics that played absolutely beautifully together. There were different types of linen, vintage/thrifted sheets, cotton and rayon used in the tops as well. So much inspiration, I couldn't sleep last night, I was so wound up!
I got some other fantastic suggestions in the evaluations including having everyone introduce themselves. I was so excited to get stitching I forgot about that - oops. Next time, I'll have a real-life sample available, and I'll give a quick rundown of the process before getting started too.
Thanks to all my workshop participants - I couldn't have done it without you all!