Here's my list of projects that I brought along (vaguely thinking I would get most of them mostly (if not completely) done). I've indicated the project's status so you can get an idea of where I sat with them as I packed them up:
- Drunk Love in a Log Cabin-style Bee Blocks (2) for Nicole in the Maple Leaf Bee (fabric still in mailing envelope);
- Christmas Tree Skirt ties to be finished off (raw edges needed to be folded in and ties finished with a topstitch);
- DQS10 quilt (fabric pulled, blocks chosen, one (of 9) blocks pieced);
- That Girl That Quilt Along quilt (all cut out with 1 row (of 8) of blocks already pieced);
- New Wave Quilt (all cut out);
- Memory quilt for my BFF's daughter (fabric pulled (but not cut), and pattern chosen).
1. The Bee Blocks.
2. The Tree Skirt ties (took literally 5 minutes - I couldn't find time to do that before Christmas??? Ugh.)
3. Four DQS10 blocks.
4 more (6½") DQS10 blocks
4. 1 full and 1 partial row of Quilt Along blocks (sorry for the terrible photo).
More QAL blocks - bottom row is missing some frames
As usual, my eyes were bigger than my stomach, quilting-wise. Thirteen hours seems like such a long time!! I felt like I should have walked out with ALL of my stuff done!
Oh well. The best part of it all wasn't what I got sewn, it was who I got to spend the day with:
Flickr Friends on Retreat
While I wasn't as productive as I (admittedly delusionally) hoped, I had tons of fun and got a little sewing done, too. I'd call that a success.