I've been on one of Krista's retreats before, and let me tell you: they're perfect. Why? Let me count the ways:
- one day only, so no need to negotiate an overnight hall pass;
- far enough away that it seems like you've gone away but really only about 45 minutes from home;
- lovely large room with many windows looking out onto classic Pacific Northwest scenery;
- 13 glorious hours of uninterrupted sewing/kibbitzing/etc.;
- deeeeelicious food;
- wonderful music (I discovered Stacey Kent as I listened to the wonderful playlist Krista's hubs put together. Haven't heard of Stacey Kent? Click the video below and prepare to be smitten, and to have some serious hair envy or maybe that's just me);
- door prizes and show & tell (come on, admit it - that's the best part of a guild meeting, isn't it?).