I said I wanted to get caught up with my Simple Sampler Quilt-Along, and finish the top for a mini Very Hungry Caterpillar Quilt I'm making for G's doll. SO HAPPY to say I got it all done! Hooray for early bedtimes!
I got a backing made, too! Whee!
The top is improv pieced in that I found a few bits of the food fabric I wanted to use then surveyed my remaining scraps, and that's what ended up coming together. Improvising is harder than it looks. For me, at least. The backing is the same fabric I used for the larger quilt, and the matching is by request.
Today I hope to layer and baste it and maybe start quilting it.