Okay, first? This is me:
Fabric makes me dork out!
1. Like my fellow VMQG member Holly, I have ties to the US via a parent - my father is American but has lived in Canada since before I was born. All of my siblings moved there after university; some live in/near Philadelphia, and others live in Baltimore.
2. I left home after university, but stayed in Canada - Vancouver, to be exact.
3. I'm the Social Media coordinator for the VMQG, which means I do most of the blogging and some of the facebooking and little of the tweeting for the guild. I love being involved - it's such a great way to get to know people I'd seen at meetings. If you're lucky enough to have one, I highly recommend taking on a volunteer opportunity with your local Modern Quilt Guild.
4. I have a really loud laugh. It's been known to startle small children and make them cry.
5. I got my first ever manicure at age 33 (for my wedding).
So who else is in? Come and play along and tell us about yourself!