First, I received my swap package from the VMQG-FVMQG potholder swap. Am I the only swapper who gets so wrapped up in what I'm making and sending that I sort of forget that I'm going to get something in return? Because I totally do.
Boy howdy did I get something in return. Look at these beauties!
You can't see the detail all that well in the photos but I have to tell you, these miniature works of art are beautifully made - from the teeny hand stitches on the binding to the perfect mitered corners, they're just perfect. And this interlocking wonky star pattern is one of my favourites. Nicely done on the swap stalking, Eryn!
And a bonus gift! A set of 8 gorgeous Christmas coasters!
Thank you, thank you Eryn - I absolutely ADORE what you made me.
But wait, there's more! This past week, The Girl Who Quilts awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, Nikki! You should really go check out her stuff; she's awesome.
You're supposed to share 7 things about yourself so here goes:
1. This year marked the 20th anniversary of my move from Toronto to Vancouver. I've now lived here *nearly* as long as I lived in Toronto.
2. Paying job: banker. Commercial loan-approver to be specific.
3. Considered going by my middle name when I started High School because I feared Felicity was too "different." I longed to have a normal name like everyone else. Very glad I didn't bother - Felicity fits!
4. I have never felt or looked better than I did during the 38.5 weeks I was pregnant.
5. My current favourite TV show is Castle.
6. I love bagpipe music. (No, seriously. I do!)
7. I have no canine teeth - they were extracted to make room for my other (enormous) teeth when I got braces in Grade 5.
And last but certainly not least, I attended a very cool craft show today and scored one of these lovelies:
(Photo courtesy Green Couch Designs on Flickr)
If that's not enough cure for the Sunday Night Blues, I don't know what is!