So when I found myself starting to brush my kid's teeth with a toothbrush covered in diaper cream (seriously) (I've got the Mother of the Year trophy allll sewn up, don't it?) I decided it would be prudent not to come anywhere near machinery of any kind. I read my fantastic book instead.
I did get some sewing done at other points over the weekend, and here are the fruits of my labour:
That is a test block for Lynne's quilt along over at Lily's Quilts (interested? see the button on my sidebar). I love love love how quickly this comes together, and how big the block ends up. I'll use this on the back of the New Wave Quilt. I haven't given up on it, it's just gone onto the back burner. I refuse to admit that it's a UFO. Even though I keep putting projects ahead of it on the to-do list.
One of the reasons I'm behind on everything (other than the forementioned re-prioritizing of shiny new projects over old ones...) is that I'm now in three bees! Note to self: Self, that's too many. One of the many pluses of being in a bee is that you get to
And I basted my DQS10 quilt. Trying not to freak out about how to quilt it. Or rather, trying to stop fretting that attempting to do some interesting free motion quilting in each block is going to wreck it.
Slowly, slowly, I'm getting there. Goal for this week: quilt the doll quilt. Full stop.
Lining up to Amy's One Thing One Week challenge!