I started this blog to complement my 2010
I gave myself the goal to quilt or sew at least 20 minutes a day, and I would definitely say I more than met that goal. I sewed just about every day in 2010, and many of those days it was for more than 20 minutes.
What did I do with all that quilting time?
1. I made quilts! A lot of them! Though admittedly many were tiny.
2. I also did some other sewing - some garments for the kid, some gifts, etc.
3. I immersed myself in the online quilting community. Via Flickr, I participated in the modify tradition swap, two mug rug swaps and a handmade ornament swap. SO MUCH FUN! I met new people, I learned new things and I had a blast. The world literally opened up to me via this medium. Via the blogosphere, I've participated in linkup parties, and had a blast discovering new to me blogs and activities.
4. I joined two Virtual Quilting Bees. Also via Flickr. Sew Buzzy and Sew & Bee Happy. It's only been since October, but I'm absolutely loving the chance to try new things and play with other people's fabric!
Other awesome things that happened this year:
1. Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild was founded! We meet close to my home (unlike my other guild which is an hour's drive in rush hour), it's a vibrant group of men and women whom I love to spend time with once a month.
2. I have followers! Not gonna lie - it feels nice. I'm only human - I admit I like external validation every now and again.
My only disappointment - and it's a tiny one - is that I kind of fizzled on the stashbusting reports. I more or less watched the stash and I've destashed probably more than 175m of fabric this year, but I wasn't great with keeping up with the recording. Ah, well. Such is life.
So that's it for 2010. I'm taking a blog break while my Dad is here, but I will be back in the New Year with a post about Goals for 2011 and maybe something else (hint: January 4th is my one-year blogiversary. That definitely calls for a celebration.)
Til then, I hope you have the happiest of holidays!