I made some progress on the stash this week. A tiny bit out, but at least it was out!
Week 17 (ending April 25, 2010)
Used this week: 1.25 m
Used this year to date: 54.64 m
Added this week: 0 m
Added this year to date: 47.28 m
Net Stash Busted in 2010: 7.36m
Despite having signed up for Jacquie's Spring to Finish Challenge 2010, I managed to find another project to work on instead of one of the 5 I registered - the quilter's equivalent of organizing the sock drawer during exams. I have a sneaking suspicion it's because I'm feeling somewhat stumped on the Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt's quilting. That's a separate post in itself. Stay tuned.
Anywaaaaaay, that "other project" is this trio of pillows made from stash fabric, and stuffed with leftover batting trimmings - the stuff I cut off after quilting and before binding. I've been dutifully saving those scraps for a while now, and I'm happy to say that my collection was enough to thoroughly stuff 3 good-sized pillows. A colleague volunteers with the SPCA, and they use the pillows to make the crates a little more comfy for the cats and dogs.
Here are a couple of photos of my little monkey helping me with stuffing the pillows - we had a ball!